Aim-for-A Student Procedures
- Online Tutoring Tools:
- Broadband Internet connection
- Headset with Microphone
- Internet Telephone Software - Skype
- Webconferencing Software - Vyew
- Digital pen mouse or Cyber Tablet (optional)
- Prior to the 1st Session:
- Please make sure that you (your student) has access to a computer with broadband Internet connection and microphone & speakers.
- If you don't already have it, please download Skype Internet telephone software (http://www.Skype.com/) and get a Skype ID. Also, add 'kwiznet' to your Skype contacts list.
- Let us know a convenient date & time to have the first tutoring session. Also, please indicate the grade level of your student and any special learning goals or needs your student has.
- Also, please let us know your telephone number in case we have to talk to you during the initial set up.
- During the 1st Session:
- Be at your computer and login to Skype at least 5 minutes before the session time.
- Make sure that your microphone or headset is working fine by making a skype test call. You can find the skype test call on the skype contact list.
- Make sure that your computer speakers are on and volume level is set high enough to hear the Skype phone ringing.
- If you have already been assigned a specific tutor, please add your tutor's Skype Id to your contacts list.
- Enter your virtual classroom using one of these methods (see the movie):
- Click on the link that was sent to you in an email or through Skype chat box.
- Or, go to http://www.vyew.com and enter the meeting id number that was given to you. You may login as a guest.
- Bookmark the web address of your virtual classroom for future use.
- Based on the parent's request, the tutor may give the student an assessment test.
- Parent and tutor decide on regular schedule for all future classes.
- At the end of the class, the tutor will assign homework to the student (unless the parent requests otherwise).
If the homework requires a subscription to kwizNET Learning System website, the student will be given a username and password.
- During the Regular Tutoring Sessions:
- The tutor will review the homework done by the student and provide any help with it.
- Based on the progress of the student, the tutor may review the previous week's lesson and/or move on to the next topic.
- The tutor will assign new homework.
- If the student cannot attend a scheduled session:
- Please send an email to your tutor and support@Aim4A.com as soon as possible to cancel the session.
- If you want a make up session, please discuss it with the tutor at the next scheduled session and find a mutually suitable time.
- If the student fails to show up a the class without cancelling the class, the tutor is not obligated to give a make up class.
However, if the student provides a reasonable explanation, we will work to provide a make up class.
Again, the exact date/time for the make up class should be decided at next scheduled class.
- If the tutor cannot attend a scheduled session:
- The tutor will send an email to the student and support@Aim4A.com as soon as possible to cancel the session.
- At the next scheduled session, the tutor will find a mutually suitable time for a make up session.
- If the tutor fails to show up for any class due to unavoidable circumstances (e.g., Internet connectivity problem),
the student/parent should send an email/Skype chat message to the tutor & support@Aim4A.com to indicate the missed class.
Aim-for-A Tutoring will then work with you to provide additional classes or to extend your subscription period.